Shriram Properties IPO
1. They are one of the leading residential real estate development companies in South India, primarily focused on the mid-market and affordable housing categories. They are among the five largest residential real estate companies in South India in terms of number of units launched between calendar years 2015 and 2020 across Tier 1 cities of South India including Bengaluru and Chennai (Source: JLL). They are present in the mid-market premium and luxury housing categories as well as commercial and office space categories in their core markets.
2. They are part of the Shriram Group, which is a prominent business group with four decades of operating history in India and a well-recognized brand in the retail financial services sector and several other industries. They believe that their relationship with the Shriram Group provides them with strong brand recall and that they benefit, and will continue to benefit, from the trust and confidence that homebuyers, lenders, financial investors, landowners, development partners, contractors and other stakeholders place in the Shriram brand and its operational history.
3. They commenced operations in Bengaluru in the year 2000 and have since expanded their presence to other cities in South India, i.e., Chennai, Coimbatore and Visakhapatnam. In addition, they also have presence in Kolkata in East India, where they are developing a large mixed-use project. Bengaluru and Chennai are two key markets for them. These cities are among two key residential housing markets in India, contributing to approximately 29.70% of the launches in India, between calendar years 2012 and 2020 and 28.57% of the sold inventory in India between calendar years 2018 and 2020. (Source: JLL).
4. Since inception, they have been focused on the mid-market and affordable housing categories as their target segment within the residential housing market. The mid-market and affordable housing categories have accounted for significant share of overall market absorption in India in recent years. According to JLL, midmarket and affordable housing categories accounted for 75.00%, 72.00% and 74.00% of overall residential unit absorption during calendar years 2018, 2019 and 2020, respectively.
5. As of December 31, 2020, they have 29 Completed Projects, representing 16.76 million square feet of Saleable Area, out of which their 24 Completed Projects in the cities of Bengaluru and Chennai accounted for 90.55% of their Saleable Area. Further, 83.69% of their total Saleable Area for Completed Projects were in the mid-market category and affordable housing category (with mid-market and affordable categories accounting for 51.44% and 32.25% respectively), and the remainder in the commercial and office space and luxury housing categories, as of December 31, 2020. Additionally, plotted developments accounted for 39.00% of sales volumes during the nine months ended December 31, 2020.
Objects of the Shriram Properties IPO:
Shriram Properties IPO Details:
|Issue Type:||Book Built Offer|
Promoters And Management:
Financials of Shriram Properties IPO:
|Material and Construction Cost||92||226||297||221|
|Changes in Inventories||67||101||97||-183|
|Employee Benefit Expenses||48||85||78||45|
|Profit before tax||-33||-82||83||312|
|No. of shares||14.84||14.84||14.84||14.84|
|EPS in Rs||-4.38||-5.80||3.39||23.15|
Comparison With Peers:
to be updated shortly
Recommendation on Shriram Properties IPO:
to be updated shortly