Craftsman Automation Limited IPO
(i) Craftsman Automation Limited started the Journey in the Year 1986 in Coimbatore, in the State of Tamil Nadu, India, founded by the Promoter, Chairman and Managing Director, Srinivasan Ravi, a mechanical engineer and a first-generation entrepreneur with over 32 years of relevant industry experience.
(ii) Craftsman Automation makes products under following segments;
a) Automotive – Powertrain and Others (revenue = 51%)
b) Automotive – Aluminium Products (revenue = 21%)
c) Industrial and Engineering segments (revenue = 28%)
The core competence in machining and assembly of industrial and engineering products has helped them to establish themselves as a significant player in the Automotive – Powertrain and Others segment. They have leveraged their long 56 presence in developing aluminium products for precision components to establish and grow the Automotive – Aluminium Products segment.
Within the Industrial and Engineering segment, they have utilized in-house engineering and design capabilities and developed a diverse product portfolio including material handling equipment such as hoists, crane kits, industrial gears, gearboxes, locomotive components, other railway products, storage solutions, marine engines and accessories, tool room, mould base products and Special Purpose Machines (“SPM”), which includes metal cutting and non-metal applications such as washing and leak testing solutions.
Clients of Craftsman Automation
1. Under Automotive – Powertrain and Others segment, the key customers include Daimler India, Tata Motors, Tata Cummins, Mahindra & Mahindra, Simpson & Co. Limited, TAFE Motors and Tractors, Escorts, Ashok Leyland, Perkins, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, John Deere and JCB India.
2. Under Automotive – Aluminium Products segment, the key customers include Daimler India, TVS Motors, Royal Enfield, Perkins and Mahindra & Mahindra.
3. In industrial and engineering segment, they have clients such as Siemens and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Craftsman Automation own and operate 12 strategically located manufacturing facilities across seven cities in India, with a total built up area of over 1.5 million sq. ft. The manufacturing facilities include aluminium foundries, pressure dies casting facilities, machining and allied facilities, heat treatment, fabrication, and assembly facilities. The strong in-house engineering and design capabilities help them offer comprehensive solutions and products to the long-standing marquee domestic and international customers in the segments in which they operate.
To provide comprehensive solutions across the business segments, they have undertaken forward and backward integration enhancing the in-house manufacturing capabilities. These capabilities have evolved over a period of time to become standalone business segments catering to the customers, in addition to meeting the internal requirements.
They have a wholly-owned overseas subsidiary, Craftsman Europe B.V. (formerly known as Craftsman Marine B.V.), set up in 2008 in Netherlands, through which they are engaged in marketing, sales and servicing of marine engines and other associated equipment used in yachts.
Craftsman Automation Limited Strengths
1. A diversified engineering company with vertically integrated manufacturing capabilities and a focus on providing comprehensive solutions and manufacturing high quality, intricate and critical products, components and parts.
2. Strong in-house process and product design capabilities.
3. Long-term and well-established relationships with marquee domestic and global OEMs.
4. Extensive manufacturing footprint, with strategically located manufacturing facilities having the ability
to interchange capacity and product mix.
5. Experienced management team supported by motivated and skilled work force.
6. Robust financial performance.
Objects of the Craftsman Automation Limited IPO:
Craftsman Automation Limited IPO Details:
|Open Date:||Mar 15 2021|
|Close Date:||Mar 17 2021|
|Face Value:||₹ 5 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Type:||Book Built|
|Issue Size:||824 Cr.|
|Lot Size:||10 Shares|
|Issue Price:||₹ 1488-1490 Per Equity Share|
|Listing Date:||Mar 25 2021|
Promoters And Management:
Financials of Craftsman Automation Limited IPO:
|Cost of Materials Consumed||218||572||710||592|
|Changes in Inventories||11||15||-7||-16|
|Employee Benefit Expenses||57||171||217||199|
|Profit before tax||10||57||140||44|
|No. of shares||2.01||2.01||2.01||0.10|
|EPS in Rs||3.46||20.41||48.39||15.67|
Comparison With Peers:
|Name of the company||5-year Rev. Growth||5 year PAT Growth||EBITDA Margin (FY20)||ROE (FY20)||D/E||P/E|
|Craftsman Automation (3 Years)||-1%||13%||26%||5.70%||0.89||57.00|