Mafia Trends Limited IPO
i. Mafia Trends business revolves around marketing and selling of Men’s & kids fashion such as Jeans, T-shirts, Shirts, Chinos, Formal trousers and Formal shirts, through a chain of clothing stores under the brand name Mafia. The company is strategically placed across various small Indian towns and cities including Kalol, Vadodara, alongwith Ahmedabad.
ii. Outside of Ahmedabad, the company has strategically placed itself in tier-2 & tier 3 cities, as it aim to penetrate its target market of young students, a population belonging to the transitioning class and middle income groups who aspire to wear affordable fashionable outfits. Considering the target market, they aim to deliver maximum value-to-cost benefits for their customers. So the company appropriately follow the concept of ‘Value Retail’.
iii. Mafia Trends’ main office and legacy stores are based in Ahmedabad. The first store in 2011 was named ‘Mafia Western Outfit’ at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, and currently the company operate 8 stores spread across 3 cities and one warehouse in Gujarat.
iv. The comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning (‘ERP’) backed supply chain management system comprises of collecting customer data, Invoicing, Products Management, Stocks Management, Store Expenses Management, Suppliers Data Management, Payments Management, Biller’s Management, Returns Management, Store Tracking Analytics, Key Performance Indicators Analysis, Stock transfers, Re-marketing and Campaigns.
v. Mafia Trends sources its products directly from the regions where such products are widely available or manufactured, to minimize the procurement costs and offer quality products at such costs. Their strong sourcing capability is backed by an efficient logistics network, which is supported by strong IT/ERP infrastructure systems.
vi. The total revenue for FY22 is ₹ 715.28 lacs with a healthy EBITDA margin of 15.98%. Profit after tax margin is 11.43%. EBITDA from FY20 to FY22 grew by 229.46% Y-o-Y. Profit before Tax from FY20 to FY22 grew by 1248.17% Y-o-Y.
vi .Competitive Strengths :
- First mover advantage in Tier-II and Tier-III cities and to target the expanding, aspiring class and middle-class customer group.
- Competitive lease rentals.
- Efficient supply chain management.
- Strong IT infrastructure, systems and processes
- One-stop shop with a large variety of products, adopting store Concept Classification, customised for the local populace.
Objects of the Mafia Trends Limited IPO:
Mafia Trends Limited IPO Details:
|Open Date:||Sep 22 2022|
|Close Date:||Sep 27 2022|
|Face Value:||₹ 10 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Type:||Fixed Price Issue|
|Lot Size:||4000 Shares|
|Issue Price:||₹ 28 Per Equity Share|
|Listing At:||BSE SME|
|Listing Date:||Oct 06 2022|
Promoters And Management:
Financials of Mafia Trends Limited IPO:
|Particulars (in Cr)||March 22||March 21||March-20|
|Revenue from operations||7||4||11|
|Purchase of Stock in Trade||6||3||10|
|Change in inventory||-2.48||-0.75||-0.91|
|Employee Benefit Expense||0.81||0.16||0.72|
|No. of Shares||0.44||0.44||0.44|
|Profit (Loss) for the period||0.81||0.27||0.0045|
Recommendation on Mafia Trends Limited IPO:
Review and Recommendation of Mafia Trends IPO by IZ Team is 2/10
1. The business revolves around marketing and selling of Men’s & kids fashion such as Jeans, T-shirts, Shirts, Chinos, Formal trousers and Formal shirts, through a chain of clothing stores under the brand name Mafia. 2. The total revenue for FY22 is ₹ 7.15 Cr with a healthy EBITDA margin of 15.98%. Profit after tax margin is 11.43%. EBITDA from FY20 to FY22 grew by 229.46% Y-o-Y. Profit before Tax from FY20 to FY22 grew by 1248.17% Y-o-Y. 3. The Individual Promoters have a cumulative experience of more than 30 man years in the core fashion industry. 4. There is no growth in the revenue in the last 3 years. In fact the revenue has declined from 12 Crores to 7 Crores. However, surprisingly the PAT has increased from 0.45 Lac in Fy21 to 81 Lac in Fy22. That looks fishy. 5. The IPO is priced at 15x P/E. However, the earnings of FY22 looks very fishy.