Inspire Films Limited IPO
i. Inspire Films is primarily engaged into the business of creation, production, distribution, and exhibition of television and digital content across broadcasting channels, apps and digital platforms as well as content writing, production and sale, purchase of rights. They are involved in every aspect of the content-making process, from development to distribution. This includes financing the projects, hiring actors and crew members, scouting locations, creating sets, managing the budgets, and overseeing the entire production and post-production process.
ii. The company has a B2B Business Model, and they currently operate in 3 different Business verticals:
a) TV – Hindi GEC (General Entertainment Channels)- This is content creation for the linear broadcast channels. These channels include Star Plus, Star Bharat, Colors TV, Zee TV, Sony, Dangal, Shemaroo etc. Typical contracts given here are 1 year / 260 episodes (5 days a week)/ 312 episodes (6 days a week) or 1 year / 52-156 episodes (1-3 days a week) which then get renewed on yearly basis, based on the show performance. Each episode (including commercial advertisement) is 30–60-minute slot.
b) Digital Content and platforms (OTT)- This is content made for platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, Sony Liv, MX Player, Disney+Hotstar, Voot, Zee5, etc. OTT Platforms have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their convenience and flexibility, allowing consumers to watch their favourite shows and movies on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs. They also offer a wider range of content options compared to traditional cable TV. The contracts for OTT are typically 8 to 10 episodes for 45–60-minute episodes and 25 to 60 episodes for 22-25- minute episodes, which then gets extended to multiple seasons based on the popularity of the season.
c) Regional content- This is content produced for regional language channels in various channels – Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali, Marathi etc. Both the models above apply in a similar manner in the regional space.
iii. The team includes the following:
1. Producers: responsible for creating business opportunities, developing business relations, overseeing the production and managing the budget, scheduling, and logistics.
2. Creative Team: responsible for creating ideas, concepts, formats, characters and visualizing the final products.
3. Production Team: responsible for budgeting, production planning, scheduling, hiring of talents, management of studio floors, sets, workers, agreements, commercials and execution of projects.
4. Researchers: responsible for finding, collating and presenting research materials as per the creative team’s vision and requirements for various projects.
5. Directors: responsible for executing the creative vision of the projects, working with actors, technicians and supervising the overall creative execution of the products.
6. Writers: responsible for creating screenplays, dialogues and storylines for the production.
7. Editors: responsible for editing and refining the footage and audio to create the final product.
8. Cinematographers: responsible for capturing high-quality video footage.
9. Sound Designers and Engineers: responsible for capturing and editing audio, including dialogue, sound effects, and music.
10. Graphic Designers and Animators: responsible for creating visual effects, visual assets, 3D and 2D characters, models, logos, title sequences, and other graphics.
11. Production Designers: responsible for creating set designs, properties and executing sets for projects.
12. Costume Designers: responsible for designing and executing costumes, jewelleries, accessories for all characters.
13. Post-production Team: responsible for managing post-production studios, editing facilities, music, background score, sound, VFX, grading, mastering, transferring content to client and archiving.
i. Experienced and Strong Management team:
ii. Organized and focused marketing team
iii. Established operations and proven track record.
Objects of the Inspire Films Limited IPO:
Inspire Films Limited IPO Details:
|Open Date:||Sep 25 2023|
|Close Date:||Sep 27 2023|
|Face Value:||₹ 10 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Type:||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size:||21.23 Cr.|
|Lot Size:||2000 Shares|
|Issue Price:||₹ 56 - 59 Per Equity Share|
|Listing At:||NSE Emerge|
|Listing Date:||Oct 06 2023|
Promoters And Management:
Financials of Inspire Films Limited IPO:
Particulars ( In Lakhs )
|Revenue from Operations||1,938||3,815||4,883|
|Cost of Production||1,517||3,267||4,068|
|Changes in inventories||271||184||-273|
|Depreciation & Amortisation||76||48||61|
Comparison With Peers:
|Name of the Company||Revenue (In Crore)||PAT (In Crore)||EPS ( in Rs)||P/E||CMP||Mcap (In Crore)|
|Inspire Films Limited||49||4||2.97||19.8||59||80|
|Balaji Telefilms Limited||593||-38||-3.67||N/A||65||658|
|Bodhi Tree Multimedia Limited||43||3||2.61||51.5||134||168|
|V R Films and Studios Limited||11||1||1.01||46.9||47.4||52|